This week has been hard for me. I have not wanted to sew. I mean, I want to sew, I just don’t want to at the same time. Make sense? Maybe it’s a female thing.

There are two main reasons I have been struggling. The first is that I’m trying to sell my house which means I have people wanting to view my house. The appointments are random so I just have to keep things as organized as I possibly can so it will be ready for people to see. That means keeping all of my sewing tools in my closet and not within reach of my desk. That also means every time I sew I have to drag everything out, sew, then pack it all back up. It’s tedious and makes me not want to do it at all. I’m looking forward to our move being done and being able to just have my sewing station set up and ready to go at all times again.

The second reason is that my husband is away for some work training which means I am solo parenting our four kids. It’s exhausting to do everything alone so I’m just not in a great space mentally. During the day it’s not always easy to sew, especially if my two year old is being needy. The evenings are a possibility after the kids have gone to bed but by then I don’t really want to do anything except sleep.

I’m working through this mental block and forcing myself to sew, I’m just not accomplishing as much as I know I could. I’m hoping next week will be better.

I did manage to two specific sewing projects despite my funk. The first project was making custom pattern weights to use when I tackle making clothing. I forgot to take pictures of the process but I did manage to snap one of the finished product. I made eight in all and I really love how they turned out. I can’t wait to use them, but that will have to wait for the move to be over.

The second project was working on some more of the sashes for the BOM quilt I’m working on. I will need 16 total, but I managed to complete 8 this week.

Flying geese are not the easiest things to work with. The goal is to make sure the points are lined up perfectly which was taking forever, even with the glue basting.

After the third sashing I made a grand realization which helped tremendously. The point on the wrong side of the flying geese that I was trying to line up would match the stitches on the right side up flying geese that was linked to it. I know that probably doesn’t make much sense, but I took a picture that I’m hoping will demonstrate what I mean.

Once I figured that out the points were perfect every time and it literally just took seconds to get them lined up.

I’m actually excited to finish the rest of the eight sashes now. First, I need to cut more triangles to use for their construction. I’m thinking that will be a great goal for this week, especially since it won’t require me to drag out a ton of tools to do that. Just a mat, a rotary cutter, and two rulers. We’ll see if I manage to actually assemble any of them next week. I’m hoping I feel up to.